Monday 8 February 2010

Zero DB (I can't think of a better title)

Hey team, keep an eye out for another "One Off Remixes & B-Sides" release coming out on Tru-Thoughts. This time it's from Zero DB, I must admit I don't have a lot of their music just a couple of joints from Gilles Peterson compilations, but I have always been a big fan of their Grupo Batuque remix. Got sent a few tracks from this forthcoming album and I must admit I'm impressed, it's sort of Gotan Project, meets Prefuse 73 but with that Tru-Thoughts sound underpinning it all. Zero dB’s ‘One Offs, Remixes and B Sides’ is not only an essential listen for existing fans of Zero dB’s unique concoction of Latin heat, jazz colour, startling beats and pure bassline filth, but for anyone who has been remotely moved by dance music in the last half decade. Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment